(Must be available for Evenings and Saturday Mornings)
Must Love Animals!
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference? We can’t do our jobs without the valued staff who support us. We are a small, two veterinarian, a family-like professional animal practice dedicated to customer and animal satisfaction and well-being. Wait until you meet us! We are different! We practice traditional conventional veterinary medicine with a twist. We’re holistic.
The Veterinary Technician is responsible for client and patient care and for assisting our veterinarians at our holistic veterinary practice in Little Falls, NJ. The Veterinary Technician/ Assistant will:
- Perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animals, and properly restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
- The Technician gives treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously and assists with radiographs, follows drug protocols, assists in surgery, anesthesia monitoring, and perform dental scaling.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a group. All members of staff work together as a team, ensuring that all clients who come through the door have a wonderful experience.
- Must be familiar or open to holistic/natural healing modalities and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- We require a minimum of one year’s experience as a Vet Technician with good client communication and telephone skills. Must effectively be able to read, speak, and write in English.
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills- AVIMARK SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, work on feet all day, given appropriate breaks.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Customer service-oriented and friendly. Professional appearance required. Uniforms are provided.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, the potential for career development, and the opportunity to make a difference in the health and well being of so many animal companions.
We are proudly an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action and Drug-Free employer.
If interested, message us directly online or email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure your subject line says: Name: Veterinarian Application!